Expert Roofing Installation in Nassau and Suffolk County
Long Island Roofing Contractor Cover All Solutions has put together a very handy infographic for people wondering what to expect when getting a roof replaced.
- The first step in getting a new roof is removing the old one of course. Although it’s possible to install a second layer of roofing over the first one we usually suggest removing the old one first. During this step, it’s important to inspect any of the under-laying boards for damage of imperfections. If imperfections are found these boards should be replaced as they are the foundation of a healthy room.
- The second step is installing a Weatherlock Ice and Water Barrier. This layer is important for climates that see winters like Long Island. It is one of the main lines of defense against water and snow for a roof and a very important part of the roof.
- The next step in building a new roof is the Owens Corning Deck Defense underlayment. This handy layer of roofing provides UV protection and an additional layer of water protection.
- We use Owens Corning Starter Strip Plus as a strong layer to nail the shingles to. This also provides an additional layer of water protection of the shingles in areas where they overlap.
- We prefer Owens Corning shingles on our roofs. Our reputation is staked on the roofs we put over our client’s heads so we suggest the best shingles. Owens Corning has several different lines of shingles in a wide variety of colors for any look you are trying to achieve with your roof.
- One of the most overlooked areas of a roof is the ventilation. We use Owens Corning Ventsure ridge vents to ensure that the areas under the roof are well ventilated to ensure attics are dry and cool.
- To finish off a roof, we cover the Ventsure ridge vents with Duraridge Hip and Ridge shingles. These provide a stealthy solution to covering up the ridge vents. While performing the important function of covering the ridge vents they also match the appearance of the rest of the roof.
We pride ourselves on our transparency as much as our craftsmanship, so we’ve put our roof installation process out in the open for those seeking a new roof to see the steps we take to ensure that their house will be beautiful and leak free for years to come.