Leaking Roof repaired in Massapequa Park, NY
This customer was referred to us by another customer. She had some leaks at flashing details like many houses similar to hers in Massapequa Park. She also had some siding repairs needed on the rear of the house where soffit was falling down. For this customer, we performed a roof repair, siding repair, and flashing repair.
Massapequa Roof Repair
- We tarped the house and removed all the existing roofing materials down to the wood sheathing.
- We then removed the vinyl siding where the roof was leaking.
- An ice and water shield was installed on the roof and six inches up the sidewall.
- New aluminum step flashing was installed and the siding was put back from where it was removed.
- An ice and water shield was then installed at all gutter lines going at least two feet past the heated walls of the home to help prevent ice dams. Another ice and water shield was also installed under skylight flashings, under all wall flashings, in valleys and at the base of the chimney.
- A cricket was installed at the base of the chimney to divert water from the chimney and to prevent snow and ice from being trapped between the chimney and roof.
- We then installed Owens Corning Proarmor synthetic felt over the rest of the roof surface and Owens Corning Starter Strip plus pre-cut starter shingles on all the perimeter edges of the roof to prevent the wind from lifting shingles at the edges.
- Owens Corning Duration roof shingles were installed using six nails per shingle to ensure they will hold up to the maximum wind rating.
- We then installed Owens Corning Ventsure ridge vent to work in conjunction with the homes vented soffits to circulate the air in the attic space and removing moisture from the house caused by everyday acts like cooking and showering.
- The last piece of the system was Owens Corning Duraridge heavy duty color coordinated hip and ridge cap shingles.
- All the debris from the job was carted away and we secured her falling soffit on the rear of the house.
This homeowner went from having a leaking roof and siding that was falling off to a beautiful leak free Onyx Black Duration roof system on her home. We broke down the process here so you can see what happens when you get a roof installed by Cover All Solutions and the level of detail we go through to ensure your house remains leak free and beautiful.